Prev: Core systems and other stuff Next: RE: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

Question to all, re Mecha kits...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:42:42 +0000
Subject: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

A quick hypothetical question to all out there in list-land -
especially those of you who like Mecha-style units with your ground
forces....

When you get a kit of a gaming mecha (something for use on the table,
as opposed to a Gundam-type plastic kit for display), how important
is "poseability" to you? By that I mean the flexibility to choose
exactly how you pose your particular model when you build it, as
opposed to having to assemble it in one fixed pose determined by the
manufacturer.

If you were faced with a white-metal Mecha kit with LOTS of parts -
let's say anything up to 40 separate components - which effectively
had almost every joint poseable, would you panic and never build it?
Would you prefer to see it made up in a much smaller number of
solid-cast subassemblies that were much quicker to glue together, but
would result in a model that looked just like the next guy's one?

Obviously most of you will by now have guessed that there is
something in the GZG pipeline, and if I get a good number of

Comment away!

Best,

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Core systems and other stuff Next: RE: Question to all, re Mecha kits...