Prev: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items Next: Question to all, re Mecha kits...

Core systems and other stuff

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 07:13:58 -0500
Subject: Core systems and other stuff

1. Indy, thanks for the post to the alternate cores. I'll check them
out.
2. I thought cores didn't start until Threshold 2 (which is half for 4
row hulls... I made the Tauri 5 row because their tech wasn't as
mature as the Asgard or Goa'uld and they frequently had flashy
overloads....)... but I could not find the line of text that said
that.
3. I have seen people test for *a core* (versus 3 cores) when they
tested, and then rolled which it was. This vastly reduced core system
incidence.

Other stuff:

Classed PTs: The turret boxing idea of Hugh's isn't bad. I used the
graphic (well, created a duplicate one) from the WDA (basically
multiple PTs slapped side by side with an arc indicator if using 3
arc). This system worked better than the Heavy Beam as for small pools
of damage, the HB seems to be heavier than the PT and can only fire
every second round and has bad side effects to boot. The PT seems a
better system and the classed PT still has the feel of an Asgard Beam.

As to the WDA: I'm not usually a vacc-head, but I'm glad it is up
there and has all the different ideas. My Missile Array is different
enough to any existing system I may submit it (and try Jon's beam-die
variant as well). If I could ever figure out a costing for 'PDS levels
for entire ships' (something like shields), I'd submit that one too.

TomB

--
Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their
family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything.

Prev: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items Next: Question to all, re Mecha kits...