Prev: Re: PDS and fighters Next: RE: Full Thrust: German Style

Re: PDS and Fighters

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:54:12 -0500
Subject: Re: PDS and Fighters

If my math and some glitches sort themselves out over the next few
weeks, I
hope my proposed result will be able to kill some number of fighters and
deflect a larger number of attacking fighter dice with a PDS engagement
(Hugh and I think along many of the same lines, differ a bit on
details).

My goal is to have most fighters survive most of the time, but heavy PDS
should disrupt attacks fairly effectively on average. The concept here
is
to have fighter groups able to contribute over a longer period of time
in
the game, but be less capable of delivering the crushing smash. That and
I'd like small and large number of fighters to have effectiveness closer
their pricing.

We'll see where I get. I will offer slices of this cake once it is fully
baked. In the meanwhile, check out what Hugh came up with.

------

Re the cool site link that was posted:

http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/tactica/img/fotos_2011/fullthrust/fullth
rust_16.jpg

Anyone know what company's space station model this is? I like it!

The big station was impressive (it even has lights) but man does it
scream
'shoot me, I'm a sitting duck'....

I also noted a small 'firefly' on one of the landing areas of the big
station.

And I think the guy has an interesting space mat. Does someone sell
those
or is that a one off?

Tom B

Prev: Re: PDS and fighters Next: RE: Full Thrust: German Style