Prev: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms Next: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:51:04 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms

<roger@firedrake.org>wrote:

>>  That's certainly the approach I take. Points balance works a lot
better
>>  if you use CPV rather than NPV (i.e. adjusted for hull size), but
that's
>>  true of FT2.5 anyway.
>>

>I plan to use CPV instead of NPV.
>
>Which brings up another question. I seem to remember there was another
>weapon system that had a point imbalance problem, but I can't remember
>which one it was. I think it was scatterguns? Or was it submunition
packs?

>--
>Allan Goodall		  http://www.hyperbear.com
>awgoodall@gmail.com
>agoodall@hyperbear.com

Hi Allan - good to hear you have someone near you who wants to get
into FT - now of course you may be planning to do this already, but
my suggestion would be that you start him off with a couple of games
of FT LIGHT before getting into the complexities of
FT2/2.5/2-point-whatever-draft-you-choose....

Once you have him hooked with the light version, then start showing
him the other stuff!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms Next: Re: [FT] Reopening the fighter balance can of worms