Prev: Re: [GZG] Donuts (OT) Next: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:25:53 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

TomB:
> Isn't move then shoot (if you get two actions) supposed to cover move
and
> shoot cases?

Jon:
> Yes, under normal circumstances the two permitted actions allow for
either
> move-then-shoot or shoot-then-move, but I think what Damond is asking
about
> is the ability to actually shoot WHILE moving, as a single combined
action
> rather than as two discrete consecutive actions. I may have to think
on
> this, unless anyone else has any good ideas....?

You're both correct.  In the FMAS games I play (zombies-a-plenty) I
normally insert all sorts of wacky rules as the living are normally
greatly outnumbered by the dead.  In the past I've allowed shooting
the same weapon during each action, added additional actions to
certain character figures, etc.

In a "standard" game of FMAS I can see sticking to the basic
two-action turn but in a cinematic game I'd like the figures to be
able to scoot from cover to cover spraying madly at other models on
the table while they move.  Using the standard two action turn (sans
leader and action transfer) this is impossible.

I see standard FMAS shooting as better than a snap shot but worse than
truly aimed fire.  If you're playing an older version of FMAS with
Impact ratings I don't see that being affected.  Firepower certainly.
The question becomes how much of an impact?

Other systems I've played add massive negative modifiers to the to-hit
roll (on the order of -50%).

D.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Donuts (OT) Next: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting