Prev: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

From: Bryan <brakeb@g...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:31:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:08, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Orz were awesome! Yeah, the mangled translations, part silly, part
> sinister, made that game. Bravo for thinking of borrowing the
> technique!

I used terms like *mother* for the bioship the Sa'vasku traveled in,
"her *sunlight* works, but can't make it *shine*" in reference to the
fact that while her engines are running, there is no control, because
her main computer was gone.  I wanted the Sa'Vasku to be plant like,
so I used things that the PCs might get, but could easily interpret
wrong.

If my online group hadn't fallen apart, I wanted to give the PCs the
secret of the WHIP drive
(http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1998AIPC..420.1502D).  But since it was
set in the TuffleyVerse in 2162, I was going have the PCs get the
tech, return from the alien ship with the technology, and start
building a new ship with it. Then 3 years later, the Gilderstein L5
lab would pop up again near Mercury.  They discovered WHIP technology
independently of the aliens, but they can't control it.  Since this
was a NAC base on Enceladus, there would have to be some kind of
skirmish when the Israelis would think that we stole the plans, and
the PCs and others would have to decide whether they wanted to defend
their position, reveal the aliens and the threat that was coming, or
use the tech to cause a shift in the balance of power in the System.

My version hacked the TuffleyVerse up something fierce.  But I think
that it's one of the most realistic sci-fi worlds, along the lines of
B5, or Space: Above and Beyond...

You can use any system, but something free-form, that will allow you
to easily create ships and systems in a flexible system.  I don't know
how D20 is, but GURPS seems to heavy to me, and I just feel
comfortable with FUDGE.  A storyteller type system would work if you
didn't want to have ship to ship battles with minis..

This is all my opinion, and feel free to use any of this information
in anyway you see fit.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...