Prev: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: [GZG] [CON] Two weeks to ECC XIII

Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

From: Bryan <brakeb@g...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:38:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games...

<robert.mayberry@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Orz were awesome! Yeah, the mangled translations, part silly,
part
>> sinister, made that game. Bravo for thinking of borrowing the
>> technique!
>>

> I used terms like *mother* for the bioship the Sa'vasku traveled in,
> "her *sunlight* works, but can't make it *shine*" in reference to the
> fact that while her engines are running, there is no control, because
> her main computer was gone.  I wanted the Sa'Vasku to be plant like,
> so I used things that the PCs might get, but could easily interpret
> wrong.
>
> If my online group hadn't fallen apart, I wanted to give the PCs the
> secret of the WHIP drive
> (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1998AIPC..420.1502D).  But since it
was
> set in the TuffleyVerse in 2162, I was going have the PCs get the
> tech, return from the alien ship with the technology, and start
> building a new ship with it. Then 3 years later, the Gilderstein L5
> lab would pop up again near Mercury.  They discovered WHIP technology
> independently of the aliens, but they can't control it.  Since this
> was a NAC base on Enceladus, there would have to be some kind of
> skirmish when the Israelis would think that we stole the plans, and
> the PCs and others would have to decide whether they wanted to defend
> their position, reveal the aliens and the threat that was coming, or
> use the tech to cause a shift in the balance of power in the System.
>
> My version hacked the TuffleyVerse up something fierce.  But I think
> that it's one of the most realistic sci-fi worlds, along the lines of
> B5, or Space: Above and Beyond...
>
> You can use any system, but something free-form, that will allow you
> to easily create ships and systems in a flexible system.  I don't
know
> how D20 is, but GURPS seems to heavy to me, and I just feel
> comfortable with FUDGE.  A storyteller type system would work if you
> didn't want to have ship to ship battles with minis..
>
> This is all my opinion, and feel free to use any of this information
> in anyway you see fit.

Sorry, found some old chat logs, module was set on or near Callisto,
on Jupiter, not
Enceladus...  I just read that they found liquid water on Enceladus,
and mucked that up... I picked Callisto because of it's low gravity,
it would make take off and landing easier.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Weird Ideas and other games... Next: [GZG] [CON] Two weeks to ECC XIII