Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Wraith

Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 03:12:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak

Okay, after some work and thinking, I have been swayed by some
arguments. (See, it is possible!)

My Ha'tak Mothership now looks like:
Mass 400, Hull 63 in 4 rows, Shields 24 (regenerative armour), MD 4,
FTL, 3 FCs,15 Ring Transporters, 20 spaces of cargo for troops
(probably about 40 crew units worth), 3 torpedo (al'kesh bomber)
squadrons, 12 death glider squadrons, 20 3-arc pulsers (5 AP/FP/F, 5
AS/FS/F, 5 AS/A/AP).

This gives the ability to fire 10 of the pulsers in 3 of the arcs and
5 in each of the others... sort of a limited overlap with their
'hemispherical layout' and it does sort of conjure to mind a 3 sided
pyrmaid ship where (at your whim) either the edges or the points are
more dangerous.

To give the 'reconfigurability' without it being grotesque, I think
I'll allow the Goa'uld player to reset one pulser's mode at the start
of each turn for every crew unit he devotes to the task (which can
then not be used as a DCP). This means he probably won't be
reconfiguring more than 4 or 5 in a round, at a guess.

I think that might be a bit more evenhanded of a treatment.

Tomb

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a
precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of
liberty quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Goa'uld Ha'tak Next: [GZG] Stargate Conversion: Wraith