Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

From: Ryan Fisk <ryan.fisk@g...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:15:15 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:

> Star Wars has FTL. So, too, does Traveller. According to latest
> research, faster than light travel is impossible. The most realistic
> contender was a space-time warp, but recently that was dismissed.
> (Can't find the article I read that pointed out that Hawking radiation
> would make crispy critters out of anything in the warp, but here's
> another article I found:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/23292/).

I consider all claims that FTL is impossible to fall under Clarke's
First Law:

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something
is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

And I tend to figure that how we do it will probably fall under his
third law to today's understanding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

--
Ryan Fisk

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game