Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system) Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:13:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system)

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Doc <docagren@aol.com> wrote:
> I have a set of rules for designing fighters, and it included allowing
you
> to make these Mixed Roles Fighters, and will allow U to build all of
the
> stock GZG fighter types at right cost.  You find that more you
squeeze in to
> a fighter, it will cost you much in points, and you still find they
die just
> as fast a stock fighters.
> http://www.freewebs.com/heavymetaldrake/modular Fighter Designs.pdf

Apologies for the email that was blank.

That's something I've been wondering about--the various expensive
points values of all-singing, all-dancing fighters emphasizes that
they can do ALL, though only one or two capabilities is useful in any
given situation (excepting Heavy) and costs them such that for a given
quantity of Superfighters I will nearly always be able to field more
standards and interceptors to shoot them down.

The majority of the cost, under the standard point system for single
role fighters, seems to be less the fighters themselves and more in
paying for the carriers to get them to the fight.  Superfighters
reverse that equation.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system) Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system)