Prev: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives' Next: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:30:43 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
wrote:

>> I'm fairly certain your motor bike doesn't do 62 mph cross country
>> while dodging trees.  It may feel faster than it really is, but I'm
>> calling bullshit.
>
> I have one answer to that.... Suburban cager......  A fair number of
dirt
> bikes have speedos.
>
> And I did clarify that probable no where near operational speed. But
when
> need drives.....

Again.	I'm calling bullshit.  Show me some evidence other mild personal
insult.

Besides which, this introduces a fun level of complexity where we get
to argue about exactly how dense which particular forest is.  I've
been in plenty of pieces of terrain you can't get a dirt bike into.

>> Grav infantry is flying, which means they aren't using terrain to
>> conceal themselves.	Which is how infantry stays alive.  I don't know
>> how to make it any more Barney-style.
>
> Obviously you haven't spent much time in terrain.

<sarcasm>
Nope.  I've never walked anywhere for any reason further than five
feet from a road.
</sarcasm>

Idiot.	I went and checked the list archives.  You've been posting
erratically for nearly four years on this list, which means you are
just so stupid you forget who the fuck you're babbling at.

>There are lots of places
> when moving through the boonies where having the ability fly would
open up
> vast tracks that are closed to men just on foot.

Few 'tracts' of land are truly inaccessible to someone who is on foot.
 If you want to get there, you can.  The point of Grav belts is to get
there faster and with less fatigue than walking.

>Infantry will still be
> infantry, personal grav just improves the accessibility of the patrol
radius
> really doesn't do much to improve it.

If you're flying you aren't taking cover and using terrain to your
advantage.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've never been
shot at much.  Or done much shooting.  If you are flying you are
impersonating a clay pigeon.

John
--Vita Aureliani