Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:41:52 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

>Hey Jon?
>
>What's your path for someone to design/master mini's for you?
>
>Indy's done it, so have others.  There's someone on Dean's Starship
>Combat Forum who's kitbashed NAC ship I'd like nominate:
>
>Mad Boffin:
>http://star-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2370
>
>Unless of course, this is one of your secret identities.

Heh! It's not, but that IS a very nice piece of work!

I agree that the old FT111B was always an odd piece of design (for
the record, it was one of the old CMD originals, not one of my own).

As to making masters, either as modifications of our existing minis
or completely new sculpts, we're always happy to look at what folks
have done or propose to do; if it's something that's good enough to
put in the range, we can talk about it. It's usually a good idea for
prospective designers to have a quick word with me by email first,
just to sort out what is and isn't practical to cast - the most
important rule being that everything, whether in plastic, metal or
putty, must be 100% SOLID all through - no hollow bits or air voids
inside it, or it WILL crush in the mould!

Jon (GZG)