Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:08:56 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

On Sep 17, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Fred Kiesche wrote:

> Mike, just curious: Are you priming the miniatures with black and
> then painting them all over with white?
>
> If so, why not just prime them with white?

Oooh. You do white over black primer by building up from gray. I do a
layer of dark and then one of battleship. The white goes on very well
over battleship gray. The dark layer can be skipped, depending on the
exact effect desired.

My style has evolved away from washes and to more of a "drybrush
everything" approach. The black outlining and gray shading helps a
great deal. I usually just have to touch up a little black outlining
once I'm done with the final layer of white drybrush (the early stages
are more of a damp brush).

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...