Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! - Artillery Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:55:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

The round will land where the computer is told to put it
with far more precision and reliability than was possible 50 years
ago.  And there are fewer opportunities for human error than there
were 50 years ago.

To add to that, the fire control computers also factor in flight height
of the rounds fired to defeat counter battery radar. This means
Mr. Drake's Calliope which targets an incoming round at the top of
it's elliptical flight trajectory, would largely be negated or at the
very
least have a very small window for success.

Another possible use for artillery is the use of FASCAM  or air
scatterable mines. These can be used to channel your opponent's
movement and need not be fired over him and therefore over his
counter artillery weaponry.

Don