Prev: Re: [GZG] Question to the list..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

From: Andy Hemming <nonsense_factory@h...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:23:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....

I suspect that working on better ECM or at least differentiated ECm
between tech levels is something we plan to work on next... as well as
psionics (as traveller, though we have struggled with precognition...)
and shielding/forcefields... again all which will fit into our notional
tech levels (4 bands for ease)

Andy

It would be interesting if higher tech level computer tech could
overwhelm lower tech level stuff, perhaps apart from when you are
running "dumb" systems - which would offer a level of immunity to
gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:47:43 -0600>
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....> > Yes, both versions.
Played a LOT of CD too (all editions). C2 is the heart > of the game in
Striker (you NEED to right a Field Order) and the emphasis > continues
in Striker II. Troop Quality (Training) is also a big piece.> > IIRC
higher tech forces are more maneuverable (C2 allows each stand to have >
an order) and usually has better sensors (ability to spot/detect),
higher > ROF and ranges.> > > > > Michael Brown> mwsaber6@msn> > >
--------------------------------------------------> From: "Ground Zero
Games" <jon@gzg.com>> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 1:46 AM> To:
<gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu>> Subject: [GZG] Question to the
list.....> > > Just a quick question to you all, seemingly OT but
actually relevant> > to some stuff I'm working on.......> >> >> > Does
anyone out there actually recall having PLAYED a game of the old> >
STRIKER II (the Traveller ground combat rules based on Command> >
Decision)? I imagine there are lots like myself who have read the> >
rules, but how many people actually got the toys out on the table> >
with them?> > I'm interested in any memories of such games, but
especially anyone> > who tried it with unequal tech matchups (eg: small
hi-tech force vs.> > larger mid- or low-tech one).> >> > Jon (GZG)> >> >

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question to the list..... Next: Re: [GZG] Question to the list.....