Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller & 2300

Re: [GZG] Traveller

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:09:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Traveller

I didn't realize there was two versions coming out at the same
time...interesting.

I also have a collection of Gurps books.  I never really thought about
the artwork...(art? what art? There is art in there?  :-)

One of the things I really liked about Traveller was you could always
find something useful for whatever project you were working on.  Those
guys seemed to cover most subjects long before Gurps/Champions/etc. did.

Donald Hosford

Michael R. Blair wrote:
> I finally picked up my copy of Mongoose's version of Traveller on
Friday. My FLGS is an 80 mile round trip away which is not a lot of fun
as Belfast is in the way. Slightly annoyed as well that nothing else I
had ordered over a month ago was there including the book they told me
they had.
> I am quite impressed and surprisingly not bothered by the artwork but
then of course I have a large collection of old GURPS books so one
becomes inured to rubbish artwork. I still think the original Traveller
books were among the best illustrated RPG books of any with basically no
artwork at all and a nice clear layout.