Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 09:42:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Jon,

Half of the fun is knowing that the the thing wasn't intended for
this, and yet making it all work out anyway. I'm reminded of Larry
Niven's essay about creating the Mote in G-d's Eye (it's in either
Playgrounds of the Mind or N-Space), and how he extrapolated from a
model a whole series of assumptions about the underlying tech base and
society. In the same way, it's liberating to have some stake in the
ground that you can extrapolate out from. When you get to an
inconsistency, they can actually be revealing, because life is crazy,
too, and the conceptual gymnastics you go through to keep things
together can produce some really cool stuff.

I'm sure at some point we'll find a circle that can't be squared, but
in the meantime it's fun and may even produce something you can use!

Rob

--
Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies