Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:56:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Kevin <zhodani_commando@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Forgive a rookie question, but there is one thing I wanted to make
sure of.
> "Does firing damage and possible resulting Threshold damage apply to
the
> ship in question immediately so that it may only return fire at it's
> possibly reduced strength?"

Yes.

As written, once a ship takes damage, it's affected by that damage
immediately. A common house rule for Full Thrust is simultaneous fire,
but it's a house rule.

Some folks much prefer to play with simultaneous fire (meaning that
damage doesn't apply until the end of the turn), but I personally
don't. I find there aren't a lot of tactical decisions to be made in
FT once movement is plotted if you resolve damage simultaneously. The
way the rules are written, you have to decide what to fire when. This
isn't always an easy decision and it's a big part of FT's fun factor
for me.

Do you fire your big ships first hoping to score lots of hits on the
enemy, or do you fire that cruiser that only has four hull boxes and
will likely be toast at the end of the turn? Do you fire at that
cruiser that has only four hull boxes left but which has already fired
this turn, or do you fire at the battledreadnought and hope you can
score a threshold check?

> Lastly I have seen a couple of FT ship design applications out there,
but is
> there one that will allow you to create ships and print out your fleet
on
> one sheet of paper?

I'm not sure. I don't use the FT ship design applications out there. I
have a spreadsheet and a Visio template that I put together. I can
usually fit a small fleet on one sheet. I think I still have the fleet
designs from our GenCon tournaments back in the 1990s, too. Those
fleets all fit on one sheet.

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Questions