Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:28:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

At 11:11 AM -0800 1/30/08, Eric Foley wrote:

>I'm trying to visualize a situation where some
>dude gets an exotic axe (or maybe several
>thousand dudes) and what happens when they go up
>against some futuristic commando squad with
>either ceramic or powered armor, equipped with
>some sort of single-piece weapons with full-auto
>rifles as the main weapon and a shotgun fixed
>where a bayonet would go in a present day rifle,
>with close support by similarly armored fellows
>with high powered fragmentation launchers and/or
>gatling guns.	The reaction by the commandoes is
>more likely to be amusement than fear.  That
>scenario's just so full of wrong...

If we're talking exotic weapons we're probably
looking at exotic weapons on both sides. Special
anti-armor charges you chuck at an armored combat
soldier and other things useful for cracking
armor. I do think however, the example especially
concerned is non-powered armor vs trained well
disciplined troops in mixed or rough ground where
visibility is limited. Light and fast might win
the day. I know our very own Sgt Atkinson has
complained elsewhere that he cannot easily run
down an insurgent he wants for information if
he's wearing 85 lbs of SAPI plates, helmet groin
protectors and water wings (looking very much
like a modern day samurai) and trying to vault a
fence or wall.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Opposed roll randomness (Was: [SG3]: What if?)