Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:11:20 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

>From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>

>At 8:14 AM -0600 1/30/08, John Atkinson wrote:
>>
>>Tell you what.  You get a sword, I get an M-4.  We'll see how well you
>>do.  Consider that there are few areas where you can get a quick kill
>>with a sword, and most of them are covered by the ceramic plates or
>>the helmet.

>Naah, I'll give Thapa my ghurka buddy a kuhkuri
>and my FAL and he can try his craft against you.
>I'll issue you both with blanks so noone really
>gets hurt. ;-)

I'm trying to visualize a situation where some dude gets an exotic axe
(or maybe several thousand dudes) and what happens when they go up
against some futuristic commando squad with either ceramic or powered
armor, equipped with some sort of single-piece weapons with full-auto
rifles as the main weapon and a shotgun fixed where a bayonet would go
in a present day rifle, with close support by similarly armored fellows
with high powered fragmentation launchers and/or gatling guns.	The
reaction by the commandoes is more likely to be amusement than fear.
That scenario's just so full of wrong...

EF

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc