Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc

From: Richard Kirke <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:12:15 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc

am not in the military and know very little of the realities of close
quarter battle (for which I am immensely grateful). So all of the
following is based on my imagination/reading and the rules. As such, if
I am talking out of my posterior in the below then I will not be
offended if somebody were to tell me.

Lets consider two figures in close combat.
Infantry Close assault takes place over the area occupied by two
figures. Let's say the bases of each figure are 1 inch diameter. That's
roughly 2 square inches per pair of combatants.

The ground scale of SGII is 1 inch to 10 meters so that's roughly a 20
meters squared area that our combatants are fighting over. Over 20
squared meters I think I'd rather have the assault rifle than the kukri.

Further evidence to support this claim can be found on page 41 "the
final charge against the enemy strongpoint with grenades, bayonets and
lots of gung-ho attitude!" This, at least to me, suggests that some of
the close assault takes place over distances slightly greater hand to
hand. After all, nobody wants to use a grenade up close and personal.
Though I will concede SOME of the combat is intended to be at arms
length, far from all of it is.

I look forward to having my logic ripped apart...

Richard
Telly addicts unite!
http://www.searchgamesbox.com/tvtown.shtml

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?