Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]:Whatif? [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:27:32 -0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

On Wed, January 30, 2008 01:10, John Atkinson wrote:
[...effectiveness of SGX armour in close combat...]
>  Is armor primarily to stop light rounds and fragmentation, or does it
> actually stop bullets from the primary weapons of the opposition?

By armour, do you mean the body armour worn by the FSE legionnaires,
the heavy combat armour worn by the NSL, or full powered armour?

SG2 armour should probably cover that whole range, though given the
randomness of the die mechanic even d12 powered armour isn't bullet
proof against direct hits from low powered weapons.

Which brings me to my peeve of the randomness of the die mechanic.
Good troops are less predictable in their results than poor troops.

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]:Whatif? [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?