Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft Next: Re: [GZG] Ping?

[GZG] [FT] [DSII] Trojan Horse Assault Transport

From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer@w...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:15:10 GMT
Subject: [GZG] [FT] [DSII] Trojan Horse Assault Transport

the subject of how many CS is in a FT mass, I thought I would post this.

The Trojan Horse assault transport is actually little different than a
standard Work Horse medium freighter; it's used to carry & deploy 7 mass
ITTT cargo pods that have been modified into large drop pods for massed
planetary assault.  The cargo pods are modified into drop pods by
equiping them with partial streamlining, chemical thrusters for
pre-atmospheric entry course correction, atmospheric entry heat
shielding, atmospheric descent parachutes, pre-impact decelaration
rockets, and shock-absorbing landing gear.

How much these 7 mass drop pods can carry needs to be determined.  For
ease of organization, I would like to think these large drop pods can
carry 3 platoons or 1 company of assault-rated mechanised infantry.
According to MT, 3 platoons of mechanised infantry in 4 MICVs take up
144 cs, not counting the command platoon & their vehicles.  An
unmodified 7 mass cargo pod can carry 175 cs.  How much cs needs to be
taken up by the drop pod modifications?  Can some of the modifications
be partially externalized, like the landing gear?

You could put 1 company into 2 drop pods, but that would run the risk of
the 2 halfs being seperated during the drop.  You could also organize
the unit into a "short" company, with only 2 platoons & command riding
in the MICVs; deployed with special assault weapons & equipment that
would give the short company the effective firepower of a full company.

I leave it to the list to help me with this.  Later, I will post how the
Trojan Horse assault transports & their drop pods are deployed in a
massed planetary assault.

JBrewer@webtv.net

"Always strive to be a good person.  If you can't do that, at least
strive to be someone other than an asshole."

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft Next: Re: [GZG] Ping?