Prev: Re: [GZG] New Campaign Next: Re: [GZG] New Campaign

Re: [GZG] New Campaign

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:01:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New Campaign

A topic I warm to...!

I'm a little unclear about strat moves and pining, but I think it may be
merely because I'm not clear on how you are playing. Do you have a
'real'
map, and folks take turn in moves, or are the moves pre-plotted? If
pre-plotted, I should have thought you'd have to break down moves into
phases/impulses.

When I've tried to set up campaigns, the players get really picky about
working ways to screen this or that asset; is this in your ruleset
somewhere?

Love the point about the rules are to allow battle; some of my players
seemed more interested in avoiding unless precisely evenly matched.
Suicides may not be particularly fun, but I've seen well played forlorn
hopes, and think they should be lauded.

By the way, in the forum section concerning 'Flotillas', would you add
the
suggestion that a single piece can be the flotilla, and still give
target
selections if the flotilla elements' positions are in view off table
space?
I think I was working on something similar, with a large divided hex so
it
was easy to determine which ship was closest to which fire arc.

The_Beast

PS I understand your frustrations, but really like most of the freeform,
make up as you go, nature of FT. Efforts like yours(kudos to your whole
club) give layabouts such as I plenty of ways to chose from. ;->=

"john tailby" <John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote on 09/28/2007 03:46:01 AM:

***snippage***
> Our supply rules are handled similar to many board games
> with a check to see
> if you are in supply rather than having to model
> freighters. You can still
> cut fleets supply lines with fast moving frigates and
> these need to be
> hunted down by destroyers.....
***snippage***

Prev: Re: [GZG] New Campaign Next: Re: [GZG] New Campaign