Prev: Re: [GZG] New Campaign Next: Re: [GZG] New Campaign

Re: [GZG] New Campaign

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:14:37 +1200
Subject: Re: [GZG] New Campaign

Hi John,

Thanks for the update and thoughts on your campaign.

Your Daleks sound like mean dudes :)  Good luck with them.

I like your idea of making saucer ships out of GW flight stands - are
you
still able to get them locally? The St Lukes GW shop tells me that
flight
stands are coming off the local shop stock lists and that in future will

have to be ordered direct from the UK :(.

The Grey micro carrier sounds quirky, I estimate 70 points with an
Interceptor or Standard Flight loaded and 82 with a Flight of Heavy
Fighters? Sounds good on paper, but I think scads of fighters would lack
the
heft to take on a moderate sized fleet?

I'm not too sure how the Stealth rules work (I assume these are the ones

from the New Israeli Beta Fleet?) - I get the reduction in the size of
range
bands, but I don't get what the Hull Signature factor is (unless this
makes
a Battleship appear as a Cruiser when using bogies?).

Looking forward to hearing more as the campaign progresses,

Regards

David

> From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz>

<snippage>

> My Dalek Fleet has
> Pulse torpedos,
> Gattling balsters
> Scatterpacks
> Salvo missiles
> Fighters with robot modification
> Regerating armour
> variable hull rows
> Super Advanced FTL.
>
> So I have a mix of close range direct fire weapons and a longer range
> ordinance attack.
> I chose technologies that reflected what I saw of Dalek Technology.
Daleks
> are masters of Time travel and show all over the place.
> the have short range energy blasters that are pretty nasty, they have
also
> fired pulses of energy from their ships. Daleks have also had tough
metal
> skins so I went with 3 hull rows, they also have regerating shielding
so I
> have regerating armour. Dalkes have also used missiles and can send
hordes
> of Daleks out into space like their fighter craft. I don't think these

> will
> be as effective as a dedicated space fighter though.
>
> Most players in our cmpaigns pice a race from a scifi show and theme
their
> technoloiges from the capabilites described for that race.
>
> I made some new ship models that look like the 2005 series Dalek
Saucers.