Prev: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 08:18:56 -0600 (CST)

I said:
>I wouldn't move it, you just declare attacks so the opponent knows who
gets to use PDS on it.

JohnT said:
>???? Isn't the AMT a missile so doesn't it get to make an attack run of
6mu towards the nearest ship

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Let's say the missile makes its rimary move, then
its secondary move. The secondary move gets it within 2mu of a target.
You do not THEN move it the last 2mu so it snuggles up to the target.

>Why are scatter guns overpowered? they need to be very good because
they are one use so are less useful if coming under sustained missile
attack. They are good against fighter squadrons, but PBL and heavy
missiles will exhaust them before too long.

Again, I didn't come up with this idea, but I believe the logic is that
scatterguns will primarily be used against fighters. KV should be able
to deal with missiles and PBL by use of superior maneuverability.

Prev: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)