Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White) Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Belt Wars (Was: Seastrike scenarios to Full Thrust???).

Re: [GZG] [FT] Belt Wars (Was: Seastrike scenarios to Full Thrust???).

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:23:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Belt Wars (Was: Seastrike scenarios to Full Thrust???).

>Whoops; you mention WRG, which created a booklet for miniatures, right?
>was thinking of the same name, but a board game by Ariel.
>
>I guess I'll have to dig both out before my brains blow up with the
>confusion. ;->=
>
>The_Beast

WRG published the original version of Seastrike, in a card wallet
folder, but still with all the important components we remember - the
cards, the write-on ship counters, the islands, the clear range ruler
etc. It was supposed to be played with the counters, but of course
ship minis (1/2400 or so) could be substituted easily.

Later on, Ariel re-released it as a boxed version, but still the same
game; I don't recall there being any significant changes between the
two apart from packaging and a couple of economies of production: I
think the islands were now paper cutouts that you had to colour
yourself (if you wanted to), and the objectives were no longer
supplied already in individual envelopes.

I never had the original WRG version, but a friend did, and we had
many good games of it. I then bought the Ariel release when it came
out.

Jon (GZG)