Prev: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby...

Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:40:47 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

>It's neat, but unbalances the salvo missiles in the wrong direction.
>An FT3 game was played here in Albany and a salvo missile only fleet
crushed a standard beam and direct fire weapons armed fleet without
difficulty.

Using the rules from St Jon's post to the test list about a week before
ECC? I've had half a dozen games using IF ships with the usual SMRs and
we just didn't see that at all--see my Test List AAR from, oh, March
10th or so for example.
Caveat1: I don't recall trying an all-missile fleet after finding the
ash-Shaulahs-with-HMRs approach.
Caveat2: we may have tweaked the PDS rules from what JonT originally
proposed.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby...