Prev: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby... Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:20:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

It's neat, but unbalances the salvo missiles in the wrong direction.

An FT3 game was played here in Albany and a salvo missile only fleet
crushed
a standard beam and direct fire weapons armed fleet without difficulty.

Quoting Rich Oden:
For whatever it's worth, I tried another game with the
FT3 PD/missile changes recently.  Still seeing the
same problem, missiles have jumped in effectiveness to
the point where a dedicated missile fleet (I ran
against a custom one for playtesting) is just stupidly
powerful.  I deliberately ran mobs of ~30 Mass escort
hulls, all with Thrust-6 and decent Beam and PDS
arrays (which should be fair-to-good versus missiles),
and he still mashed me flat in no time at all, and
that without even using fighters for ordnance synergy.

Jon