Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Particle Cannon Next: [GZG] KublaCon 2006 After Action Report: StarGrunt II Scenario Kill the King! / Save the King!

Re: [GZG] [FT]ParticleCannon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Matthew Tope" <kirov76@g...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:10:18 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT]ParticleCannon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

> Easier mechanic:  "Particle Cannon roll beam die with +1 per die
> (no-rerolls) [as per attack fighters].  This means that they cannot
> penetrate through armour."
>
> Your costing for this feels right at 4 NPV/Mass with standard beam
masses.

A nice and simple approach. I'm just a little concerned, as per Roger's
post, this would still make them a little too effective vs screens
(though
less effective than in the original proposal at least). I wouldn't like
anyone to think that I'm out to create another weapon which renders
screens
completely pointless ;-).

Thanks for commenting Brendan, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt