Prev: [Fwd: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.] Next: Re: [GZG] [FT]ParticleCannon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] [FT] Particle Cannon

From: "Matthew Tope" <kirov76@g...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:57:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Particle Cannon

> >It is unfortunate that this weapon is so much more >effective against
> >screened targets. Lots of weapons ignore screens >already...

I agree entirely, hence my reservations regarding it's screen
interaction. I
wanted the weapon to be better than regular beams at penetrating shields
but
my initial approach did seem to be too efficient at this for comfort.

>I'd be more inclined to use your "level 2 screen" >progression for
level
> >1 screens (still giving an 11% bonus over beam >batteries), and drop
> >another point (0,0,0,0,1,2) for level 2 screens (25% >bonus). That
would
> >make the weapons slightly overvalued at 4xMASS.

I like your idea here. A bit of extra anti-screen punch, but at the same
time not enough to make the screen completely pointless. Additionally if
it
allows me to class/mass these weapons as per regular beams but at a cost
of
mass x 4, then I would be very satisfied. If they are a little over
valued,
well I can live with that.

Thanks for taking the time to go over this for me.

Cheers,

Matt

Prev: [Fwd: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.] Next: Re: [GZG] [FT]ParticleCannon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]