Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm now up on the store!! Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

RE: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:56:25 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

I'm surprised the link still works (as my provider changed the path).
Still haven't fixed all the links (well, any of the links) from my new
frontpage yet.

Keep in mind that this was written a *long* time before FMA Skirmish was
known to exist.

It has a very "classic traveller" feel when played, as the average
soldier
has about a 20% chance of dying without armour if hit and a second hit
will
often kill them.

Stats = SG/DS Quality die
Skills = SG/DS FP die

So each time you roll a skill, you roll two die (even if one of them may
be
a d1 if unskilled/minimal skilled.

The skill side is very sketchy as it is expanded from the combat system.
However it has flexibility in how you want to run your game.  The harder
the
task, the bigger the target die used.

Wounds = physique die type (so d6 = 6 wounds).	This die is downshifted
for
any physique based tasks while wounded (last sentence under "damage"
before
the example).

Example NPC:
Combat: d6 - Small Arms d6, Melee d6
Starcraft: d4
Technical: d6 - Small Arms d4
Science: d4 - First Aid d8
Vehicular: d4 - Driving (Wheeled) d4
Physique: d6 - Endurance d6, Unarmed Combat d4

This NPC rolls 1d6+1d6 vs range die using a rifle; 1d4+1d4 vs difficulty
die
when using first aid (suggested target = closest die to # wounds); and
1d6+1d6 vs difficulty number for a forced march using Endurance.
When shot, he can take up to 6 wounds before dying.  Your high end FP:3
I:d10 rifle can easily do this against an unarmoured foe (as you roll
3d10
against armour 1d4; the odds are good for some major hits, hence 2
wounds).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm now up on the store!! Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate