Prev: RE: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:22:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Saieed Khalifate

On Apr 20, 2006, at 3:15 PM, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
wrote:

> 2127 Operation Jericho, during which New Israeli Interface and
> Airborne units assaulted and destroyed several Islamic bases on the
> Inner Colonies

This does state that IF had colonies and bases in the inner colonies.

In "my" NI timeline, I have the IF destroying an NI colony in 2126 -
presumably the event that kicks off Jericho. Perhaps it can be
assumed that Inner colony bases launched the IF attack, and that
Jericho weakened or destroyed the IF presence in the Inner colonies.
The hard part there is that even the Inner Colonies are not close to
the IF in the (4B) link map.

Otherwise...I am really beginning to think there is no need to
preserve animosity between NI and IF (outside of the "anyone can find
a reason to fight anyone" philosophy of FT scenario generaion).
Perhaps after Jericho, the IF basically abandoned the inner colonies
and the NI and IF have little to do with each other for over 50
years. IF has its internal revolutions, and becomes a more secular
state, NI goes its own way, clashing more often with ESU (and maybe
NAC), while keeping ties with the core and ascending UNSC (though I
wonder what the 5-link map would show for NI connections?). This
alternative would mean that a) "New Jordan" does not exist as I have
conceived it (an NI ally split from IF, and located adjacent to NI
space), b) Tzfat (a destroyed colony in my timeline) has probably
been re-colonized.

NI and IF forces start seeing more of each other only as the Xeno War
escalates. First encounters are tense, but eventually, NI and IF will
fight along side each other in the defense of the Core worlds.

As for the SK, being former IF colony worlds, they belong adjacent to
IF space. And since there are no real connections between IF and NI
space (in map 4B, at least), the SK is pretty uninvolved with NI as
well.

This whole scenario would cause a fairly big rewrite of my NI
timeline, but that would be fine if it sounds acceptable.

---

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked
with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a
fad that won't last out the year."
	  -- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice
Hall, 1957

Prev: RE: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG]FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]