Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:58:59 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

On 1/8/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:34:49 +1100
> From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
>
> I've heard this a lot in this thread, but thinking back of the FT
games
> we've had I can't think of a single one we had where having side arcs
> wasn't a godsend at some point in the game (except the stern chase
> pursuit games).

Beth, your message shows why a slavish concentration on "point
systems" will fail for a certain percentage of players. (I am tempted
to say, "will ultimately fail", but I'm willing to keep an open mind
that there's a point system out there that actually works.)

It seems that, for your group wide arc weapon systems are not over
priced in vector, or are less over priced than for, say, Oerjan.

If this "price discrepancy" is "corrected", it's entirely possible
that it will fix things for some players and exacerbate the problem
for other players.

So, it would seem that before fixes can be made we need to know what
percentage of players find wide arce weapons to be overpriced.

Then the tricky part comes in. What if the split is close to 50:50?

This is just one of the reasons I dislike point systems.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game