Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:30:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

On 1/8/06, Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@telia.com> wrote:

> Side arcs are generally *less* important in encounters with multiple
ships
> per side than they are in one-on-one battles, because with more
targets to
> choose from you're more likely to have a secondary target in arc in
case
> your preferred target happens to be out of arc. Being able to shoot,
even
> if it isn't at the target you'd really prefer to hit, is worth
considerably
> more than not being able to shoot at all.

I can recall a large number of times where tight-arc weapons (B3s and
PTorps) on some of my larger ships were used to make destroyers or
frigates go "poof" entirely rather than to smash up a cruiser that I
really wanted to target.

However, I'd say it was infinitely preferable to shoot the weapons at
something somewhere rather than to contribute nothing to the fight.

In a one-on-one duel, I imagine maneuvering to catch the target in
your arc might be considerably more difficult than when going up
against a squadron.  But I don't recall ever seeing  a single ship on
a table in a game I've played, so I can't say.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game