Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

[GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: wscottfield@c...
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:54:38 +0000
Subject: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Indy wrote:

> > > The question becomnes, what if someone(s) WANT to be able to
> > > turn/thrust/turn, and consider it UNFUN if they can't.
> >
> > :shrug:  That's what house rules are for.  Simply remove that
restriction
> > and re-design all your ships for single-arc vector fire.
>

> You know, the obvious flip-side response is:
>
> Q: "What if someone DOESN"T want to do turn/thrust/turn and considers
it
> unfun if others do?"
>
>  R: ":shrug: That's what house rules are for. SImply invoke that
restriction
> (etc)"

Granted.  My point (as others have stated) was that the rules have to
strike a balance between realism and fun, leaving room for people to
tweak things in either direction.  But I acknowledge that "balance" is
another subjective term.  Which I think brings us back to the purpose of
Jon's poll: what do *most* people want to do.  ;-)

BTW, on the mail-vs-forums debate: the only advantage I see to forums is
that for people like me who get the digest option I frequently find
myself inadvertantly "me too"-ing to posts other people have already
answered.  With a forum, if I see in the digest that an interesting
conversation is going on I can go direct to the board to follow the
discussion in near-real-time.  But that's a small thing; if it really
bothered me, I could always go back to getting my mail direct.

Scott  "Can't please all the people all the time..."  Field

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....