Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: dean@s...
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:40:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Quoting Brian B:
> What about a different point system for each movement system,
> specifically targeting the value of multi-arc weapons systems, which
> seem far less worthwhile in Vector (or at least Vector as the rules
> now stand)?

It could be done but that is only half the battle.  Cinematic designs
will still
be sub-par in vector games.  They will have a lower point cost and
playing them
in vector might be more balanced, but people would still want their own
vector
versions of these ships so we are back to 2 sets of designs, one for
each
movement system.  Do we want to have 2 versions of the fleet books?

I would like to find a way that one design would work for both movement
systems,
and that is where the 1 thrust = 60 degrees rotation proposal came from
but
there are players out there who don't like that limit.

Besides getting people used to unlimited rotations to try 1 thrust = 60
degrees
of rotation and give some AARs, I would like to see some stats on some
vector
games on the actual rotation used.  What is the average amount a ship
rotates
when ordered to do so?	What are the maximum, minimum, and mean
rotations used
in a game?  How does this all relate to the thrust of the ship?  How
much
thrust is left unused when doing rotations?  How do rotations for
manuvering
with no intent to fire vary from rotations when the ship fires that
turn?

This proposal would definately effect ships with low thrust values more
that it
would effect ships with high thrust values.  So with current unlimited
rotations, is Thrust 6 worth the 20% mass it costs over Thrust 2?  Or
are ships
with T2 underpriced as they can about double their weapons load while
still
keeping their primary target in their main arc most of the time.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....