Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:12:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

> 1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
> thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.

When the update come in this is all we played. What we discovered is
that
it evolved more sluggish, big ships with all weapons optimised for a
single arc.

> 2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
> where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
> degrees).

Never played it but have played B5 Wars and A Call to Arms. I think it's
too limiting in amount of turning.

> 3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60
degrees).

Of the three I like this the most. It allows thrust 6 ships to rotate
180
and limits thrust 2 ships. My problem is that I think thrust 4 ships
become the best balance and therefore the default.

I wonder if it's too complicated to add a new system, thrusters, and
take
turning out of the MD equation.

Jaime

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....