Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:32:47 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ah Clem" <ahclem@adelphia.net>
> One of the things I like most about FT is it's simplicity.  Please
don't
> go the way of SFB.  I remember when SFB came in a plastic bag.  By the

> time I gave up in disgust I was lugging around a huge 3-ring binder
> stuffed with rules, revised rules, advanced rules, optional rules,
rules
> errata, etc.
>

> Best Regards,
> Bob Yeager

Hasn't full thrust gone the same way? The rules you need to use are now
distributed across several rule books. I think the only rules from the
FT2
book that my gaming group uses is the rules for cinematic movement.

You also bring up an interesting point that all rules writers encounter.
How
should rule revisions be published?
Should it be like software when you download the latest patch and
upgrade to
a specific version so people know what version of the rules they are
playing? Or should it be something else?
Also how often should rules updates and clarifications be published? I
have
seen people complaining because their favourite set of game rules get
replaced too frequently and others complaining that their rules are
outdated
and covered in patches.

If the intent with FT is that it will be a living rulebook that people
can
download then rules updates and new versions can be distributed easily.
If
the intent is to produce printed rules sets then the update cycle is
likely
to be much slower.

I also don't favour the introduction of new rules in "Army List" books.
If a
particular race uses a unique piece of equipment then it's OK to include
it
in the book covering their units. Don't put new rules that apply to all
races in one races army list.

John

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....