RE: Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign
From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:23 +1100
Subject: RE: Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign
MT does cover fighters entering/departing atmosphere (it costs them 1
endurance), so starships doing the same thing would make a *serious*
their combat endurance.
This is not counting the "flying brick/target" syndrome mentioned by
I've found that modelling a planet as a very large Sa'vasku vessel can
for determining suppression of military defences. GM determined stats
preferable so it doesn't throw out the play balance.
I'm doing that for my revised campaign rules (available sometime in the
10 years) where hull = economic revenue. So a planet worth 40 NPV has
hull boxes. Gives the option of economic warfare, but planet razing is
counterproductive if you want to expand your own economy.
'Neath Southern Skies
> -----Original Message-----
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
5. Please go to http://www.dva.gov.au/feedback.htm#sub to unsubscribe
of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.
Gzg-l mailing list