Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods

[GZG] re: alternate threshold methods

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:48:57 +0000
Subject: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods

>My preference is:
>
>1) Card based
>
>Yes, I know what Roger is getting at, though cards could be
>downloadable and printable for
>ease of replacement or duplication. If you have a 'standard deck',
>you can also produce a
>table to simulate the same effect. But I think if you could find a
>way to do a straight
>card flip, it'd be faster than a damage chart cross ref.
>
>2) Limited input chart lookup
>
>That's my second choice. Unfortunately, if defender chooses, you
>never loose firecons. If
>attacker chooses, you always do. If you alternate, it just takes  a
>turn longer at max.
>Too many 'easy to break' points in FT ship design that I wouldn't
>think this is the way to
>go. So 3 and 4 sound unlikely.

[snip]

 From the responses so far, consensus seems to be leaning towards (2),
hence my posting of a first draft for a working system earlier today.
While I have some liking for the versatility that cards can offer, I
feel that keeping it dice-based in probably the way to go.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods