Prev: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods Next: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods

Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:51:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

David Billinghurst wrote:

> In the setup Claus has been talking about, I wonder if you can reduce
the
> 'snowball' effect by giving each player a mission?  Say, the Kra'vak
warclan
> has to collect 5000 points of human 'heads', the ESU player has to
take and
> hold a certain group of stars for the resources, the UNSC gains points
for
> every world it 'shows the flag' over (with a cruiser squadron or
larger),
> the FSE need two of the stars the ESU are after to link to another
system,
> plus don't want the UNSC poking around in one of their systems where
they're
> building something naughty.  This could encourage shifting alliances
and
> generally shake things up.

This will depend on whether they want an objective based campaign or a
more narrative one..

> Alternatively, or as well, the players are local area commanders.  The
> resources they accumulate, don't benefit them directly (they're
admirals,
> not accountants).  If they need reinforcements, they have to apply to
high
> command who will release ships per a pre-determined table, so you may
want
> dreadnaughts but get sent six frigates and a corvette.  There is still
scope
> for the convoy raid scenario - someone orders a raider into the Oort
cloud
> of a system to whack out-bound merchants and very soon your admiralty
will
> be ordering a raider-sweep (bit more work for the GM to keep track of
> raiders and orders sent by 'higher up'.

This is also a solution I will look into.. could be good at least for
our first campaign... :)

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site : http://www.krigsspil.dk - Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
MSN : claus_paludan [at] hotmail.com

Prev: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods Next: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods