Prev: RE: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes Next: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:54:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

going to start rolling my dice one beam at a time.

I have the same chance coming up with 19 on one beam as I do on two.

Therefore if I roll the dice per beam I have a 1 in 1.6 million(?)
chance of
getting 19 with the first roll. With the second die I have a 1 in
1.6million. That means if I roll my dice seperately I have a 2 in
1.6 million and have just doubled my odds.

Of course I could come up with 38, but that is fine also.

The 1.6 million is what I believe I heard. If it is wrong sub in the
correct
value.

Roger Books