Prev: Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

[GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

From: "R Campbell-Jones" <rcj@d...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:17:54 +0100
Subject: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

I have 2 questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer.

I'm in the middle of using Adobe to cut up copies of FT, MT, FB1 & FB2
build my own '3rd edition'. A few nights ago I came across a web page
that
implied a 3rd edition was actively in development, if not imminent.
While
this would fit with GZG releasing the 2nd Edition onto the net, I've
been
unable to find anything else. To be honest, I can't even find the
original
reference I saw (must remember to Bookmark everything of interest, it
will
not 'be dead easy to find tomorrow'). Anyone, who's in a position to say

anything, know if there's any truth to this? I'd hate to proudly
complete it
for Jon to anounce the release date of the real 3rd edition the
following
day.

Secondly, I'm trying  to come up with a translation to hexes for the
cinematic movement rules. I've tried a few ideas, none of which
accurately
simulate free movement, but I'm convinced that this is inevitable given
the
hex grid and not a major problem. However, on  a similar vein to the
first
query, I don't want to come up with a shiny prototype to discover that
there's already an accepted convention. Can anyone provide any pointers.

Thanks,

CJ

Prev: Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)