Prev: [GZG] Re: High Guard Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 22

[GZG] [OT ] High Guard

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:14:11 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [OT ] High Guard

***
Sorry, should have looked at the cover more closely - the word
'Traveller'
and the horizontal band are in blue, rest of the text in white and there
IS
a number, 308, in the top right hand corner.  So, afraid it's probably
bulk
US print for export.  I bought the books from a guy running a small
import
business in RPGs and figures who I used to see at wargames conventions.
***

Not a problem, and probably not that much of a bulk shipment; markets
were
tiny back then.

***
Really? What sort of differences?
***
I have both also.  I think there was a slight change in the building
rules
as well.
***
That was the case, IIRC. When I was still Hot/Heavy
into Trav (which is not to say I EVER got rid of my
LBBs!), there was  the scandal involving the costing
and TL tweaks that required a reprint of HighGuard.
***

Ooooooo, I suppose what I thought was supposed to be excitement over
missing sections was actually trying to find hedges for superior ships.
Before the word was ever used for them, there were munchkins? ;->=

Actually, I do remember some folks claiming something about the
organization of the older rules being superior, but that could also have
been 'wishful thinking' on their part.

Ok, we obviously have long time T fans, and there's a semi-official FT
variant to enjoy, along with the rather fun completely unofficial ones.
We
should probably drop this before I ask for a show of hands of others
that
have been buying old art from the books from Marc.

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] Re: High Guard Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 22