Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: damosan@c...
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:56:20 +0000
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

> Just wanted to point out that rolling threshold hits does this to an
> extent.

True.  But it's not a good activity to undertake.  ;)

I like the idea of using opposed rolls (ala SG, DS, FMA).  No ECM (or
other counter measures) means the defender rolls a d4.	Evasive
maneuvers, better ECM, etc. will boost this die upwards.

Attacker would roll based on quality of firecons, sensor, and crew.
Attacker beats defender and *blammo*...damage is done.	The better the
attacker rolls the more damage done with the hit.

I guess what I'm really looking for is being able to have a ship become
a hole in space-- being hard to detect thus being hard to hit.	Once the
Drive lights up and sensors/firecons go active then you have a giant
"Shoot Me!" sign on your back.	Unless, of course, you have some sort of
extra drive masking/directed sensor PSB.

--
Damo

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on