Prev: Re: Limiting number of fighters per target - was RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: Limiting number of fighters per target - was RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:46:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Limiting number of fighters per target - was RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

>[snip]
>Note that under the current rules, there is no limit to the number
>of SM's that can attack a single target, so it seems odd that there
>should be a limit to the number of fighters that can attack.  If
>unlimited SM's can attack then they are using some sort of targeting
>system that doesn't interfere with other SM's, and you should be
>able to use the same system for fighters.

Well, SMs are not so concerned about fratricide (it only reduces the
overall effectiveness, rather than kills craft and pilots...), plus
they don't have to zoom out the other side after their attack run!
A lot depends on whether you are considering the fighters as
standing-off and launching ordnance at the target ship, or doing a
surface-skimming close pass with guns that we so often see on TV and
in the movies.....?

Jon (GZG)