Prev: Re: Limiting number of fighters per target - was RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:13:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

On 26 Mar 2005, at 20:30, Mark A. Siefert wrote:

> So, in conclusion, I would very much like to see a Taveller-based
> DSII/SGII/FMA-S rules set ala Power Projection.  Of course, Dom Mooney

> at BITS isn't going to do it because he has "At Close Quarters."
> However, if we can figure something out, I'd like to help anyway I
> could.

<delurking late to the party having been in Oz when this started>

Actually, ACQ is not in competition with DSII as it is really a
skirmish game. A revamped ACQ is planned, in the queue after Power
Projection: Reinforcements.

As to licensing, you are correct that you'd need to either use an
existing Traveller licensee or get a license directly from Marc Miller.
And you'd need to come to an arrangement with Jon.

Cheers,

Dom

--------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com--------
"Even in the most depressing dystopia,
there's still the notion that the future is
something we build. It doesn't just happen.
You can't predict the future, but you can
invent it. Build it." Niven/Pournelle/Flynn