Prev: Re: OT - Victoria Cross Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:40:28 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units

On Apr 9, 2005 10:38 PM, Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:

> > If the LT dies?  You hope someone put out a good paragraph five of
the OPORD.

> Can you translate that last sentance for those of us who don't speak
> fluent American Military?
>
> I'm assuming that paragraph five is where the transfer/devolving of
> command is covered usually?

Paragraph 5 is Command and Signal.  Radio nets and freqs,
pyrotechnics, and the all-important sucession of command.  Usually
Platoon Sergeant, then squad leaders in order of seniority.  Then team
leaders in order of seniority, then on the the soldiers.  In reality,
it tend to work out to "whoever has a working radio handy and takes
charge."  In any army worth having (granted, that's a short list
today, US, UK, Aussies, Canuks, Germans, Israelis) someone is going to
take command after a short period of confusion if the chain of command
has too many holes in it.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: OT - Victoria Cross Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units