Prev: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:42:42 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

On Apr 9, 2005 10:44 PM, Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > After all, what are you gaming?  If you are working at a simulation
> of
> > platoon-level command, a PL isn't going to maneuver individual
> > fireteams.
>
> True but the teams are two levels down in command, so perhaps he
> should have some idea what they're doing.  A game should have enough
> units to give the player options; in my experience roughly 8-12 units
> (eg a platoon worth of fireteams) plays better than 3-4 units.  The
> other way to get the same effect is to run two platoons on a side, but
> that feels odd to me.

True, but that encourages people to run platoon as a collection of
fireteams rather than as 3 squads.  That's bad doctrine and incredibly
gamey.	Realistically, it causes work overload for your poor PL/PSG
and so it should be penalized in the command rules, not rewarded.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?